In order to support the 2014/15 and 2015/16 GP Contract, this practice will enable patients to request access to elements of their record via online services (Patient Access).
We already provide for Patient Online Access and offer our patients the ability to:
- Book/cancel appointments
- Order Repeat prescription
- View Summary Information (allergies, adverse reactions and medications)
The 2015/16 GP contract has been enhanced and now stipulates that practices are also to allow patients:
- Detailed Coded Records Access (DCRA)
Patients accessing their records online will have access to limited, coded information. We will not be offering access to FULL medical records.
This practice accepts applications from patients as well as their proxy. Proxy access refers to access to online services by somebody acting on behalf of the patient with the patient's consent.
In all circumstances, even if you aleady use the SystmOnline service, the appropriate application form must be completed prior to any online access being enabled.
ID verification is required to ensure access is granted to patients/proxy users that have a legitimate reason to access a record. This will prevent access being granted to the wrong person and support the practice to adhere to information security guidelines. There are a number of options for identification verification including:
As is current practice, should there be a request for Online Access, two forms of documentation must be provided as evidence of identity, one of which must contain a photograph. Acceptable documents include passports, photo driving licences and bank statements. If none of the above are available household bills may be accepted at the discretion of the Practice Manager, IT & Data Quality Lead and named administration staff. A list of documents which may be given this discretionary consideration, is now available to download from our documents page.
All patients please note:
- Practice Receptionists/Admin Team will be able to grant access to patients who present with the correct identification, for appointments and medication on request only.
- If you request access to your detailed coded information it may take the practice up to 14 days to review your application and grant access where it is appropriate. This is a guide only and in some circumstances may take longer.
- Please be aware that your application may be refused.The practice will not approve on-line access to detailed coded information if it is deemed that it may cause physical and/or mental harm to the patient.
For more information please see
Alternatively, download our Practice Patient Online Access information leaflet. Available now from 'Our Documents' page